Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

May & June Outfits


I've been missing in action the last two months preparing for Anime Expo and San Diego Comic-Con, but now I'm back and mostly recovered from the two largest conventions of the summer being within less than a week of each other!

I combined both my May and June outfits, since I didn't have many opportunities to dress up (spent every spare weekend hour working on cosplay, oops). Read on for more!


I wore Lolita to a concert for the first time outside of an anime convention, which was an interesting experience. I wore a punk coordinate to see Nightwish & Sabaton. Since the venue had assigned seating, I never really felt super crushed with the petticoat. I don't think I would ever wear Lolita to a pit show, but for a seated event it worked rather well.


Tartan Skirt handmade by me
Waist Cincher Fan+Friend 
Frill Frill Blouse BABY
Tights offbrand
Boots Bodyline
Hair Accessory handmade by me
Jewelry offbrand/Forever21

A Lolita friend came down to visit from Los Angeles, so we had a casual meetup at a tea shop near my house to hang out with some of the other girls. I really like how this one turned out with the "pop" of the red blouse!


“Briar Rabbits Paysage” JSK & Headband Alice and the Pirates
“Moon’s Elegy” Blouse Infanta
Crown Crest Socks Alice and the Pirates
Shoes Bodyline
Jewelry Forever21/handmade by me

For the May swap meet, my friend and I both wore black x white oldschool-style coordinates. I'm not super happy with mine (maybe because it's a lot more Sweet than I do these days?), but it was fine for a comfortable, casual outfit.


“Black Princess”JSK handmade by me
“Chiffon Frill” Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Ribbon Socks BABY
Hair Accessories Alice and the Pirates/Surface Spell
Jewelry BABY/offbrand
Shoes Bodyline

For Bat's Day at Disneyland, of course it needed to be something Gothic. I love that my Halloween JSK reminds me of the Haunted Mansion! Added some Nightmare Before Christmas jewelry for an extra bit of Disney flair. Wearing Lolita at Disneyland is always a little bit of a challenge, but I was pretty comfortable wearing handmade stuff since I know all my own work is washable!


“Halloween Damask” JSK handmade by me
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Chiffon Underskirt handmade by me
Hair Accessories handmade
Jewelry handmade & Disney
Shoes Bodyline

For International Lolita Day, I went to a book launch party for a friend of mine, and then played Pathfinder. I really love how this coordinate turned out--the Angel Wing blouse is quickly becoming one of my favorites.


“Unlock the PANDORA’S Memories” JSK Alice and the Pirates
Angel Wing Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Fairytales Pochette Alice and the Pirates
Hair Accessories Alice and the Pirates
Socks Metamorphose
Boots Bodyline
Jewelry Forever21

The community International Lolita Day meetup was on Sunday (the day after) and at the local aquarium. I ended up doing a pirate coordinate since I don't really have anything blue or otherwise ocean-related. I love how the mini-vest turned out, but I'm dying for some brown boots. Soon it will be properly complete...


“Night Ship Alice” Skirt Alice and the Pirates
“Prince Conrad” Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Mini Vest handmade by me
Pirate Hat decorated by me
Jewelry Alice and the Pirates/Forever21
Tights Forever21
Shoes Bodyline

Now that things have calmed down, I'm working on planning meetups and travel to LA meetups--I was really feeling "Lolita withdrawals"! Coming next, my Anime Expo and Comic-Con reports.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your style and always love seeing your outfits! Your pirate one is particularly cool, I don't think I've ever seen a mini-vest before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! AatP released a mini-vest a while ago that was the inspiration, but they do seem to be rare.

      Delete