Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

January and February Outfits


January and February saw a lot of Lolita events for me--lots of dressing up and driving was done, but I'm okay with that! I also bought and moved into a new house, bought and sold some Lolita things, and finished a commission. It's been a busy couple of months, that's for sure.


My husband and I ended up driving up north to see some of my friends that I haven't hung out with in a while, and we went to the Riverside Lunar Festival. That same friend had just sold me a beautiful new dress--Haenuli's Sleeping Beauty jumperskirt in black--and I wanted to wear it out immediately. We had a great time wandering around the (small) festival and taking pictures at some of the beautiful old buildings in downtown Riverside.


JSK Haenuli "Sleeping Beauty"
Blouse Handmade by me
Parasol BABY
Boots Bodyline
Bag Loris
Hair Accessories Handmade by me and H&M

Then early in February some of my LA friends hosted a big swap meet, and we drove up again for that. I left with a blouse and managed to sell two dresses and some accessories, which I consider a success. It was a potluck, and I brought chocolate cake cookies. There was so much food! It was kind of ridiculous.

We were making silly faces, and mine sort of stuck...
JSK BABY "Tart Embroidery"
Blouse Forever21
Capelet Handmade by me
Socks Metamorphose
Shoes Bodyline
Hair Accessories Handmade by me and H&M

On February 13th (rather than Valentine's Day itself) my husband and I went out to dinner at a nice seafood place as a special treat. I like any excuse to dress up, so this was a perfect opportunity. I went for a more toned-down Classic/Gothic look, and did my hair to match.


Skirt Alice and the Pirates "Masquerade Theater"
Blouse Handmade by me
Tights H&M
Boots Bodyline
Hair Accessories H&M

I recently finished making a Napoleon-styled jumperskirt out of ivory and gold velveteen, and wanted an opportunity to wear it out. I went to a book signing for Peter V. Brett for my birthday, and was fangirling awkwardly the whole time, but it was still a lot of fun. Then my husband and some friends joined me for ramen to celebrate turning twenty-four. I wore my new dress and coordinated it with a marine theme.


JSK Handmade by me
Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Hat Handmade by me
Tights teja_jamilla on etsy
Shoes Bodyline
Accessories H&M and Forever21

The last thing this month was a pretty casual meetup and event planning meeting at the usual spot, with the usual group. I had actually put this outfit together the week previous, but couldn't go out because one of the headlights was dead on my car!


JSK Metamorphose
Blouse Forever21
Tights Alice and the Pirates
Shoes Bodyline
Accessories Handmade by me

There are a lot more events coming up in the next few months, which I'm really looking forward to. It's also been nice in the new house to finally have more closet space! I can actually see my dresses now, and when I pull them out I don't take half the others with me because they're so tightly packed. I'm also almost done culling my wardrobe of the Sweet things I don't wear anymore, to make room for more Gothic and Classic.

Stay tuned until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment