Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

August Coordinates and a Busy Lolita Weekend

August came and went, without a lot of big Lolita events--just a few small meetups, and I was pretty bad about getting outfit pictures! When it's just the local group hanging out for an evening, I feel like I'm just dressing up for a normal night out, and not like it's something fancy. I think that is kind of a good thing, because it means I'm comfortable with my outfits. Comfortable enough that I don't take pictures!

I managed to get two pictures from the three small meetups in August. It doesn't help that it has been very warm the last few weeks, so dressing up in petticoats and layers is not a great idea. Hopefully things will start to cool off soon, but it's been difficult!

Photo courtesy MyLolitaStyle
Then the second weekend of September was crazy! Two big Lolita meetups, on after the other. First was a big Paris-themed meetup in Los Angeles, and then My Sweet Memory II put on by the amazing Tijuana Lolita group. I had a lot of fun at both events, though the car trip was not that fun in the heat.

On to the clothes!

The first outfit was for a birthday party for one of the girls in the local community. We had a lot of fun, but of course this is August in Southern California--hot! I should not have worn black. But I love this coordinate, so I couldn't help it.

Jumperskirt and bolero: handmade by me
Socks: BABY
Shoes: An*tai*na
Bag: Loris (Taobao)
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Hair roses: H&M


A Lolita was visiting from Chicago (if I recall correctly) so we all met up at the usual boba shop to meet her and hang out. I figured it was close enough to September to wear a fall-styled dress, but it was still a little too warm for velvet. I'll never learn.

Jumperskirt: handmade by me
Socks: Metamorphose
Shoes: Bodyline
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Hair accessories: H&M

George missed me while I was gone all day--he would not leave me alone! Poor kitty.
I made the mistake of taking the picture after I got home from the meetup, so I look all gross and shiny and deflated. Sigh. Since the theme was "Paris" I wanted to wear something red, and since I've sold most of my other "sweet" stuff, I had pretty limited options. Lucky for me, I still adore this dress!

I always feel weird wearing giant headbows--I always feel like they look awful, even though people tell me it looks cute. I still wear them occasionally, like with this outfit, but for some reason I am very self-conscious about them. Not sure I'll ever get over it, so I'm slowly phasing them out of my wardrobe.

Jumperskirt, socks, headbow, and blouse: BABY
Shoes: Secret Shop
Purse: Loris
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Wig: Gothic Lolita Wigs


My favorite outfit so far! I'm definitely having more fun with the darker styles these days, and slowly expanding my wardrobe into more classic/gothic clothing. I made the blouse a few weeks ago, and thought it would be perfect with the skirt. I was so happy that the blouse was chiffon, because Tijuana was quite warm.

Blouse and hairband: handmade by me
Skirt and white hair accessory: Alice and the Pirates
Tights: Charlotte Russe
Boots: Bodyline
Bag: Loris
Other hair accessories: H&M

So this was a bit of a catch-up post, but things have been pretty slow as far as Lolita goes for the last month or so. I haven't been baking much, either, but I have been sewing a lot, so keep an eye out for a big upcoming sewing project dump!

No comments:

Post a Comment