Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I finally brought cupcakes to work! My job just hired three new people (well, about two weeks ago, -__-;;) so I decided to bring some cupcakes to celebrate. I wanted to try something new, but also something that people would like, so I opted for a chocolate chip mint recipe that I haven't used before, from the book Crazy About Cupcakes.


I topped them with a green-tinted cream cheese frosting flavored with peppermint extract and mini chocolate chips mixed in. They were decorated with Andes mints--suggested by my creative husband.


They were a big hit at the office! I think I am a rival for the current baking queen at work, one of the phone operators. She makes cakes every month for the monthly birthday celebration, and sometimes brings things like banana bread or cookies, but I plan to help her out every now and then by contributing to the tasty baked goods at work.


I'll definitely be using this recipe again--they were fluffy, moist, and had a nice subtle mint flavor while not being overpoweringly chocolate-y. Next time, I want to do something with fruit, like berries, since it's summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment