Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Victorian Picnic

Yesterday the local Lolita group had a picnic at a park in the historical district--it was a lovely grassy area surrounded by restored Victorian houses. I made chai-flavored cupcakes for the event, and even managed to drag my husband along for fun.


Outfit and more about the cupcakes after the jump.
I made the cupcakes using this recipe from The Novice Chef. They turned out very tasty, but if you decide to try them yourself, I would recommend only filling the cups 2/3 instead of 3/4--these cupcakes explode over the edge of the liner rather than puffing up into a nice dome!


I made chocolate chai buttercream for the frosting, which was good, but as always, I thought it was too sweet. If I make these again, I may go for a cream cheese base, or even plain chocolate ganache, since chocolate and chai is a good pairing.


I wore my Very Berry Sweet Pie Embroidery jumperskirt to the meet--this still has to be one of my favorite dresses, even if it is on the short-ish side. I coordinated it with ivory, to match the embroidery. My hair is also getting long enough that I can style it properly and not wear a wig, which is kind of exciting. I miss my short hair, but it's also very nice to be able to do things with it the way it is now.

Jumperskirt, blouse, and socks are BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT. Shoes and rose hair accessories are Bodyline, purse and headbow are handmade by me. Wristcuffs are Angelic Pretty.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment