Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Specialty Baking: Chocolate Quinoa Cupcakes


I'm back, with more gluten-free baking! My gluten-intolerant aunt was visiting again, so I decided to make some more cupcakes that she could enjoy. This recipe is so tasty, everyone in the family loved it. You would never guess that it doesn't have any flour at all!

I used a recipe for chocolate quinoa cake from another blog, Dinner with Julie. Converting the cake recipe to cupcakes was easy--put in cupcake liners, adjust baking time. Since this was the first time I'd made this cake, I wasn't sure how much it would rise, so deciding how far to fill the liners was the only difficulty. I did them 2/3 full, but the cake didn't rise too much, so I think next time I would fill it 3/4 full.

The frosting is a simple cream cheese frosting with peppermint extract, decorated with dark chocolate peppermint flakes--I'm on a peppermint kick right now! The cupcakes were moist and slightly chewy from the quinoa, with a rich, dark chocolate flavor. I will definitely be using this recipe again!

1 comment:

  1. They look cute and yummy. Chocolate mint was an amazing flavor choice to make, this blog post really made my mouth water ^^"

    ReplyDelete